Renew Driving License under 10 minutes at JPJ Kuala Lumpur


Happy 2019 to all & sorry for have not been updating as much, promise I'll try better this year. 😘 And thank you for still following my page, it means a lot to me. 

So back in 2014, I renewed my Malaysian passport & it was one of the best experience at a Malaysian government office! Thanks to all of you, it became the top post in ohsoaud! ✨✨

I had a chance to renew my driving license (expires on my Birthday this year) and I had the fastest, easiest experience (under 10 minutes. 


You can renew your driver's license, road tax, insurance or any car related matters at the nearest JPJ (Jabatan Pengangkutan Jalan Raya) or at selected UTC


My driving license since 2004. Talk about RBF, I was the reigning queen in all my pics 😂 😂. Back then you needed to provide your photo and renewable at any postal office (see bottom laminated card) and renewable at 1,3 it 5 years duration. I kept mine going for 15 years. However, learnt that a new Driver's License Card was introduced few years ago and everyone needs to have this moving forward.


At JPJ Wangsa Maju

Head over to the information counter to obtain your number. I was just 5 queue away. You will be asked what your purpose is for, just let the officer know that you're here to renew your driver's license. You may be asked if you brought along a passport sized photograph with white background, if you do not have it is okay too.

Just with 5 minutes I was called. All you need to do is pass your current driver's license, state if you've a photograph to use (or not) and number of years (best to go with 5 years) and the best thing is the system automatically sets your expiry on your birth date x years from this year. Mine was 5 so it'll be in 2024 year. Easy right? 

Fees? RM30/year so after paying RM150 (5 years validity), officer will hand you receipt. 

If you choose :

1) Your own IC photo - then attach the IC to the receipt and pass it to another counter for card processing. 

Or

2) Your own Passport photo (if you look better than in your IC) - Attach photo with receipt and same process as above, hand it over to the counter for card processing. 


My name was called in just 2 minutes and the officer returned my receipt, passport photo and my brand new license! Kudos to Wangsa Maju JPJ team for tip top efficiency. Imagine reaching at 9.30am and leaving at 9.40am. Hope this helped, share or comment below what else would you like me to share or blog about. 

Now, off to breakfast I go.. 

Comments

  1. This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. This is very nice one and gives indepth information. Thanks for this nice article. Renew my licence online

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment