Internet Recipe - Taiwanese Sesame Oil Chicken Soup

Don't you just love the Internet for easy home cooked recipes? I'm not sure if some of you are as time conscious (aka lazy) as me, but I'd always go for minimal ingredient, maximum flavor-packed recipes. And here's another plus point - great for the body, mind & health.

Found this recipe online and I made some minor tweaks to the ingredients used as I didn't want to go all the way to purchase some ingredient, only to use 2 tablespoons of it. You can mix to your liking okay? Here we go... and today's awesome wholesome meal is one that truly warms the body, as I've been having chilly feet and body past few months (body aches and hips cracking like a 90 yo lol). The Taiwanese Sesame Oil Chicken Soup is great for those who want to 'buang angin' and popular amongst ladies who are in need to nourish & replenish during confinement. Try it & let me know if you like it okay?


Taiwanese Sesame Oil Chicken Soup

Ingredients:
Drumsticks (6pcs)
Ginger (6 slices)
Rice Wine
Sesame Oil


Notes:
Drumsticks (You may adjust accordingly based on the number of servings)
Ginger (Keep the skin on, wash ginger before slicing it)
Rice Wine (I used Foochow Red Rice Wine from Miri but you may go for whichever rice wine you can find at your regular grocery place)
Sesame Oil (Internet Recipe mentioned Black Sesame Oil, but it cost RM20++ and I skipped it as only 2 tablespoon needed for this recipe - I used the regular Sesame Oil)

Step 1: On a heated wok, add 2 tablespoon of Sesame Oil. Throw in your gingers for about 2 minutes. Turn the slices as you go.

Step 2: Add in your chicken. Remember to turn up the heat to medium now and let it brown.

Tip: If you want pretty looking dish, I'd suggest that you let it brown evenly on all sides.
Step 3: Add your rice wine (some may use up to one bottle, but I used about 1 cup. You may go up  to 2 cups if you want it strong, but don't go overboard) and water enough to cover the meat. Close lid & let it simmer (not boil) for about 30 minutes.
Add salt to taste. Optional if you'd wanna add tofu cubes or goji berries. Soup is ready when chicken is tender.


Check out my simple how-to-video for this delicious, warming bowl of soup. Don't forget to add a bowl of warm rice for the perfect combo. Have shared it with the partner and he loves it. Hope you'll try out and do keep your body warm in this chilly, rainy season!

xoxo, Oh So Aud

Comments